Monday, May 23, 2011

Shirret Rug Progress

Well...I'm on my last side, and then a couple rounds the entire rug and I'll be done.  And I'm love'n it!!  I think the red squares in each corner of the rug is like the icing on the cake.  It just makes it.  The next time you see my rug, it will be complete!  I'm hoping this weekend!

A trip to Goodwill last week landed me more red wool, just enough to finish this up.  Thrift stores are the ideal places to look for wool.  $3.75 bought me a long red wool skirt!  I stick to the 100% wool, the color and feel work best for these rugs.

I'm out for now, going to put a few more rows in before I hit the hey.

Here's a picture of me and Phoebe, and her new friend, Rusty, at the Weenie Roast on Saturday.  Too much fun!

4 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Your rug is coming out so nicely! I love the red corners too and all the other colors. I love the design you have done with the rows going in different directions. I'm sure this will feel so good under bare feet!

MGM

byhooks4u said...

Wow..it is really coming along. I too love the red. It really sets it off. Never thought about going to a thrift store for fabric for rugs..great idea.

Melissa said...

The rug is looking great! Can't wait to get together and catch up!

Unknown said...

This is too cool. I really really want to figure out how this is done. Of course, you know I'm loven' all the colors....