Saturday, June 12, 2010

6 squares = 1 rectangle!

I wish you could actually feel this, it is so soft and squishy...I am really liking it.  This is my first attempt at a square rug, and I am really learning alot!  I have now figured out it is a lot easier to shirret each square and then attach them rather than trying to attach each row at a time. 
I am also on the hunt for more red wool.  I've been scouring the thrift stores and good will for red wool skirts that can be sacrificed!  I am now ready for the border.  Not exactly sure what I want to do yet!  I was thinking dark blocks of color would really pop up the bands of color. 

Let me share some more pics!

Phoebe had given it her seal of approval!  LOL!  I find that if I lay down my work and walk back into the room, she is normally laying on it.  Now how cute is that!
Here's a closeup of the rows of shirred wool. 

It has been an extremely busy week for me.  Work has left me totally pooped in the evenings!  I hope to soon be posting pictures of the crochet bag I am working on.  It is looking so pretty!  My goal is to get it done and off to it's new home by next week! 

I'm off for now...

3 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

absolutely fabulous, Dawn!

Insensata! by Laura Sners said...

Hermosa! Beautiful! and it seems very cozy!

Unknown said...

What a pleasure to stop by and see what you are up to with your ramblin'. I will be making a note to do this more often. You just know what colors go together. Fun posting.

Kate - The Garden Bell - xoxoxo