Sunday, April 25, 2010

Granny Square Purse

I managed to finish another purse this week.  I love the way it has turned out.  I put in a crocheted lining to give it durability, and give it a great "bucket" shape as well.
I used two colors of the "Ty Dy" yarn, simply by accident.  I had squares made up from a good year ago and had run out of yarn.  Having another ball of Ty Dy in a different color, I decided to finish the squares in this to save from having to order more yarn.
Great effect blending the two!  I have been carrying my crochet in this back and forth to work/knit group!

Check out the Noro I scored in Alessandra's latest yarn swap!   Thank you Sara!  When I opened my package I squealed...Noro is the bomb!  I rarely treat myself because it is such a luxury.  I am searching for the perfect project to use this in.

Friday evening as a movie was playing, I managed to crank out a couple of wash clothes.  Love knitting these up, it's instant gratification!

I am actually making these up for Mother's Day presents.  This Stripes cotton in the Sugar & Cream is so pretty.  Great colors!

I am hopping over to the "Family Album" tab of my blog to add some old pictures!

Have a vest very close to being done, and a "binky" to start for a little baby boy (granny squares of course) and a wrap to make.  Can we say "busy"!

4 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

the bag is wonderful and I am happy to hear that you were thrilled with your yarn.
Thank you for participating, Dawn.

Devon said...

Love Love Love the purse,,and what a great swap on the Nora,,like you it is a luxury for me,,,cant wait to see what you whip up with it...have a great week.
Devon

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how much I love this. I keep coming back to have a second look and see if I can figure it out. Mark as a favor to visit often. Stunning work.

Off to peek around and see my other fav from this morning that great fun scarf.....love it too.

Sara said...

glad u liked the noro!