Monday, April 5, 2010

More Poncho Pictures.

As promised, I wanted to share some finished pictures of my poncho design.  I am so pleased with it, you cannot imagine! 
Here is an up close and personal look at the stitches.  Yummy color and texture!

All together it was a beautiful weekend, full of sunshine.  I was able to spend some time working on repotting plants and getting the screened in porch cleaned off and prepped for some prime time to be spent out there! 

As I was waiting for a yarn order to come in to begin a custom order I once again found myself going through my scrappy stash!  Oh how I love doing that!  I found a good amount of yardage of two variegated yarns, perfect for a new stitch I wanted to try. 

I used "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby in two of their "Stripes" colors.  Now I have to say, this really looks like it is woven.  I am so wanting to do another I can't stand myself.  It's an easy pattern, you can find it here!  I warn you though, it is very addictive!
I have intentions on experimenting with solid scraps of yarn. 

Well, I'm off to the races.  Monday is upon us again...so there are things to be done.

Toodles!

2 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

OMG, I love the yarn!
Well, love your work as well! hehehe
have a great week, Dawn.

Anonymous said...

I like this second pictures much better, the lighting really shows the colors and detail!

Great job!