Sunday, August 9, 2009

My New Look!

This morning after uploading some pictures onto my computer, just for the heck of it, I hit the slideshow button. I was amazed at how much better my photos looked on the black background of the slideshow. So, I then thought, hmmmm....maybe I should change my blog! Well as you can see I did. And I am liking the new look it gave it. So this is my new look! I hope you enjoy it!

As I was looking through all the photos I had uploaded this past week I made a observation...I HAVE MADE THREE SCARVES THIS WEEK! That's a new all time record for me! With my back being in the state it had been, I really couldn't do much of anything else. I am happy to say, my back is feeling great! A little achy in the evening, but the dr. said that will probably be that way for a couple of day because of the needle.

Okay, so now to business!

Here is number one.

I knit this up out of a colorway yarn I got at Hobby Lobby. It is called Epais - Colorfusion Yarn Bulky Weight. It is super soft and the skein is mega size! This has been sitting in my stash for a year now, and I am finally getting to using it. I still have half of the skein left!!!

It's hard to tell here, but this scarf is nice and long and a good ten inches in width. I imagine it will end up in my etsy shop.

I like it knit up in a stockinette stitch and am now curious how it would looked crocheted.

Next!

I got this little scarf finished up. I really like it. The pattern is pretty basic. Knit for six rows, stockinette for twelve rows. My yarn started to felt just from me blocking it!

I am definitely going to make another one of these. I have more of this yarn in a black with bright pops of color in it.



Thirdly!

Yesterday late afternoon I picked my crochet hook back up. Some yarn I had picked up in Hobby Lobby was calling my name, and I could just picture it in granny squares.

So I'm thinking, hey, it's 94 degrees outside...let's make another scarf! LOL! What can I say, it's either that or a afghan...I went for the scarf. Well, I got that booger done in one evening! It is a little bit "neutral" for me, but the contrast of the brown and cream makes it appealing to my eye.

Check it out!
I made my square with clusters of 4dc instead of the standard 3dc clusters. It really made a pretty square. I also joined the squares as I crocheted. I am beginning to form a great appreciation for joining squares in this manner. It's a nice break from seaming them up.

Here is a close up of the granny.










If interested, here is my yarn and colors I used:

Hobby Lobby - I Love This Yarn
Size H Crochet Hook
Toasted Almond
Coffee
Ivory Tweed

Quick and simple! Nothing like instant gratification, right?

You may have gotten the impression I like Hobby Lobby! LOL! When I was in there on Friday I had noticed they have added some new yarns. It is so hard to abstain from taking a shopping cart full home!

I'll leave my bloggy buddies with the wish of a great week!

TaTa!

3 comments:

Debb said...

I really like the last two in the muted colors... have you ever felted a granny square scarf?? hope your back gets better...nothing like a little ache and pain to slow one down...

Marigold Jam said...

Have just discovered your blog - love those crochet squares. The scarves too are great. Hope your back is soon better - nothing worse is there?

Jane

Just Be Happy said...

I wish we had a hobby lobby here in the state of washington...
all the scarves are beautiful!
love the new look of the blog - good job, Dawn!