Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day = Yarn Day!

Just look what we woke up to! Here in North Carolina we get very excited when we see snow like this. It rarely happens here. It is absolutely beautiful...I cannot get over the trees! This is my house, and Phoebe and I are nice and toasty warm inside.

Yes, snow day does equal yarn day! But first at my house we have to get the playing in the snow out of the way before we sit down to knit. Phoebe loves the snow!

My Lil' Hip-Hop Snow Dawg


My "Red Neckscarf"!

Common...you know there's a little REDNECK in all of us! I will even admit that I have dumpster dived! I have fished out a vintage sewing machine out of a dumpster! So, I think that qualifies me...what redneck things have you done before? I've done more redneck-y stuff in my past, which I will keep to myself.

I came up with the idea for the "Red Neckscarf" one night while trying to get to sleep. Once I get one of these ideas I have to put aside whatever project I am working so I can concentrate on my idea, otherwise I am too distracted.

Here it is....
I used a multitude of yarns and stitches.
Large knitting needles, too.


I think it looks fabulous!


I especially like the way it gets "tubular".


I picked up this yummy acrylic, self-striping yarn on Saturday. Once I got it wound into a ball I couldn't resist casting on some stitches. I'm using a moss stitch, and it is working well with the yarn. I am thinking this may go into my etsy shop...if I don't get to attached to it!




Okay, now it's time to sit and knit and enjoy the snow from inside where it's warm!

8 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

what a gorgeous picture of your house and the trees, I really love it!
We are having a beautiful sunny day today, but still cold. I think the snow season might be over here... I like it too, but just for a few days... LOL
By the way, the new yarn is fabulous!!!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Fabulous yarn, fabulous scarves, beautiful snow and darling dog! We are in for about 18 inches of the white stuff before this storm is finished here! It is so pretty to look at from inside our nice warm house. Yesterday I even had a fire going in the fireplace all day while it snowed and snowed and snowed! Perfect day to start knitting a new baby sweater! So that's what I did!

Love your scarves!

MGM

Daisy said...

You just so very talented. I love EVERY thing that you make!! Your scarves are so neat and yest there is a little red neck in all of us! :0)

Anonymous said...

As Caleb would say, "Smow!" Looks like Miss Pheobe had fun.

I LOVE the striped scarf. It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

I just love all my Blog Buddies!!! Everyone of them!

Knitting Diva said...

Phoebe is too cute for words, I would like to give her a great big hug! Your RedNeck scarf is such fun!

Crochet Goddess said...

Great pictures of the snow and your dog. I love the red scarf it looks great and the scarf still on the needles very pretty beautiful colors. I am happy that you enjoyed your snow day!

Debb said...

How come your snow looks so beautiful? When it snows in Pennsylvania it never looks like that from my window??? Is the snow always whiter on the other side of the fence?? Glad that you were able to enjoy the snow and have a warm day.