Saturday, January 3, 2009

I love Saturdays!

I thoroughly enjoy Saturday. Especially Saturday morning. I can move slowly...watch a movie, and crochet!!!

My "Vanna" squares are coming along beautifully!!! I have enjoyed having a nice long weekend, it's given be a chance to sit back and crochet. These will go into a small throw/afghan, like the one I made for my little niece. And I hope to have it done in time to enter it into the Vanna's Choice contest! I can just about imagine about all the entries and all the talent...so it may just get lost! But, so far I am liking it. Since this is Saturday night, I plan on cranking out a couple more squares. These will definitely have to be blocked before I assemble them.


Hey...my sister-in-law, Rhonda, and I made our first sale on etsy.com from our Whooville shop!!! We were ecstatic! Rhonda ate extra greens and black-eyed peas on New Year's Day...so she said that's what did it. Either way we were both thrilled...we are not in the red anymore. So we are making plans for our etsy shop and hopefully 2009 will be good to us.

I spent the day at Rhonda's visiting with her and my sister. I had to take my camera along to get some pictures of Maya on her blanket that I made her. Just look at that face! Of course I have a ton more pictures on flickr for my family to oohh and awww over, so I am just posting my favorite one.

Maya's Blanket

My niece, Devin, latched on to my crocheted scarf...what a great model! And she latched on hard...she wore it all day. I didn't have the heart to ask for it back...so she now has a new scarf. She looks adorable in it!

Crocheted Scarf

Peace Out!

1 comment:

Just Be Happy said...

I had a very quiet Saturday, as you know I am not feeling very good, so I just sat down in front of the TV, watched a movie and crocheted...
The pictures of your little niece are beautiful, what a gorgeous baby girl!
I completely understand how you felt giving away the scarf, I do that a lot... but it feels nice to see that other people appreciate the work you do, right?
I love your work. :o)