Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Collection of Shrugs



I call these little sweaters shrugs, but I guess you could refer to them as a bolero or sweater. These are fun to knit up and work up fairly quickly. They look great in every yarn I have worked them up in. And when accessorized with vintage jewelry I think they come to life. Here is just a small sample of some of the shrugs I have made. I have purchased some natural cotton to make one of these up for myself...but being busy with my Babette I have not had the chance to start one yet. Oh, if only there were more hours in the day!

Most of the "buttons" are actually vintage clip on earrings. I am fortunate to have received a stash of my grandmother's costume jewelry. She always wore those clip on earrings!!


Knit ShrugThis is the very first shrug I knit up! Oh, I can see all kinds of errors in it, but I do like it. And that pin is a little cameo given to my by my grandma! The Noro yarn is delicious!

No comments: